The Dog Park is Open from Dawn to Dusk, 7 Days a Week.
Your dog now has a great place to exercise and socialize!
Please do your part to keep it safe and clean.
All dog owners use the Dog Park at their own risk.
The City of Mount Airy and Mount Airy Parks & Recreation are not liable for any property, physical or pet damage and/or injury occurring within the off-leash area.
In addition by using the Park, you are accepting the responsibility for the actions of your dog and yourself.
HOW TO ENTER THE DOG PARK:
- DO NOT open the outside gate if the inside gate is open. Be Patient!
- Small dog area: 25 lbs. and under
- Large dog area: 26 lbs. and over
- Dogs MUST be leashed until entering and upon leaving the Dog Park.
- Enter the Dog Park, close the gate and move your dog away from the entrance.
- Please do not leave the gate open.
RULES OF THE DOG PARK:
- NO dogs without people, NO people without dogs. “No other animals permitted.”
- Children under the age of 12 are NOT allowed inside the fenced area.
- An adult (age 18+) MUST accompany ages 12-15 inside the fenced area.
- Dogs MUST wear valid rabies tags at all times. (NCGS 130A-190)
- Dogs MUST be properly vaccinated and healthy. (NCGS 130A-185)
- NO dogs in heat.
- NO aggressive dogs
- All owners MUST remain inside the fenced area. Owners must maintain visual sight and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- NO more than 2 dogs per adult
- NO puppies allowed less than 4 months of age.
- NO Toys, human food or dog food inside the fenced area.
- Small training treats are permitted.
- NO alcohol. NO tobacco products, e-cigarettes/vapes/juuls.
- Pick up and dispose of pet waste.
- Discourage digging and if your dog digs a hole, fill it in.
- NO choke/prong/pinch collars inside the fence.
- Conducting professional dog training or holding special events is PROHIBITED without permission from Mount Airy Parks & Recreation.
IF A FIGHT OCCURS:
- NEVER REACH YOUR HANDS INTO THE MIDDLE OF A DOG FIGHT.
- A BLAST OF WATER FROM A BOTTLE, A LOUD WHISTLE OR NOISE MAY HELP DIVERT ATTENTION
- ONCE A FIGHT IS BROKEN UP, CONTROL, LEASH AND REMOVE YOUR DOG TO A NEUTRAL AREA.
- MAINTAIN A COOL HEAD, YELLING OR CRYING WILL ONLY ADD TO THE FRENZY.
- IF YOUR DOG IS NOT IN THE FIGHT, SECURE HIM/HER AND MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT JOIN IN.
- WHEN WARRANTED, EXCHANGE CONTACT INFORMATION WITH THE OTHER DOG OWNER.
CALL 911 IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY OR DOG BITE
PLEASE CONTACT MOUNT AIRY PARKS & RECREATION TO REPORT ANY PROBLEMS
There are 3 ways you can help!
Create a safe & fun park where dogs can be socialized and owners can enjoy special time with their furry families.